EIT Health was established in 2015, as a Knowledge and Innovation Communitiy (KICs) funded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). EIT Health delivers solutions for high-performing health systems, healthier citizens and a sustainable health economy in Europe. To do this, they connect the right people to the important health challenges of our time across European borders. EIT Health uses the expertise of over 150 leading players in European healthcare – pharma, medical technology, diagnostics, consumer goods industry, universities, research institutions, healthcare providers as well as cost bearers, politics and administrators – to make innovation a reality and commercialise patient-centred solutions.
Although, the project took a little more time to get underway than expected (which was probably to be expected, especially as this was the first project like this undertaken by EIT Health). Once the project gained momentum, however, the progress made was great and of high quality. TRIOLOGY have also been very good at being flexible to most of the changes we have made to the scope over time, in line with our user feedback. This has resulted in an MVP CRM that will deliver lots of value to its users from day 1.
Dan Hardy, EIT Health
The initial situation
EIT Health brings organisations and their knowledge holders together for various activities and events, resulting in innovative and fundable projects. For this purpose, different data of partner organisations, start-ups and potential partners as well as events are managed. In order to make this data from different systems available to the EIT Health staff for their work, TRIOLOGY GmbH was commissioned to develop a customer relationship management system (CRM) based on Oracle Application Express (APEX). With this CRM it should be possible to find specific partners and events in order to connect the right contacts and create reports.
Despite fixed delivery dates, the requirements of the work packages should be prioritised and adapted in an agile manner.
The customer’s needs were first discussed and recorded together in a requirements workshop. Subsequently, these requirements were implemented in Oracle APEX in an agile procedure based on SCRUM. Important components of the application to be developed were:
- Connection of the application to the customer’s Azure AD to use the existing single-sign-on and the user group assignments incl. authorisation logic based on this
- Establishment of an extensive ETL process (Extraction – Transformation – Loading) for the connection of inventory data from different source systems.
- Implementation of a complex search functionality using the Oracle Text Index
- Possibility to manually enter and change data
- Recording of individual notes and possibility of file storage in the customer’s own file system
- Reporting functionality through the use of Interactive Grids and Classic Reports
- Dashboards with visual preparation of the most relevant data for quick information presentation in chart form
- Implementation of a CI/CD pipeline for automated deployment in the test environment (including test automation) as well as in the productive environment
TRIOLOGY GmbH developed a CRM with which users can call up, edit and link the individual entities with the relevant information, such as organisations, contacts and events, via various search masks depending on their focus. With the help of pre-configured reports, possible cooperation partners can be identified for future collaboration. In addition, dashboards are available to management, among others, for a quick overview of the data. An expansion of the CRM functionalities is planned.